What is a Dashboard?
The Excel Dashboard is used to display overviews of large data tracks. Excel Dashboards use dashboard elements like tables, charts, and gauges to show the overviews. The dashboards ease the decision-making process by showing the vital parts of the data in the same window.
According to Stephen Few, one of the most celebrated data visualization experts, a dashboard is “a visual display of the most important information needed to achieve one or more objectives, consolidated and arranged on a single screen so that information can be monitored at a glance”.
What you will learn!
- Dashboard layout and design.
- Dashboarding best practices.
- Introduction and overview of Power Pivot.
- Working directly with internal data model.
- Learn by doing: Build your first Dashboard – Interactive Sales Trends (Template and data will be provided for interactive working).
- Introduction to Power Query (Get and Transform Data);
- Working with external data models and importing data from external sources.
- Understanding important Power Query terms.
- Making data connections.
- Introduction to DAX functions for Power Pivot.
- Learn by doing: Build your Second Dashboard – Interactive Sales + Shipping Cost & Shipping Mode (Template and data will be provided for interactive working).
- Closer look at Power Pivot and Power Query.
- Some exotic charts like mini charts, progress charts and animated charts.
- Learn by doing: Build your Third Dashboard – Interactive HR Dashboard. (Template and data will be provided for interactive working).
- Advance functions for Dashboard building.
- Advanced conditional formatting for appropriate visual display.
- Learn by doing: Build your Fourth Dashboard – Project Management Dashboard (Template and data will be provided for interactive working).
- Linking Information from the Webpages into the Dashboard via Power Query.
- Adding KPIs to your Dashboard.
- Introduction to Power BI.
- Power Query and Power Pivot knowledge carry over to Power BI.
- Answer all the questions and queries from the participants.
- Basic understanding of MS Excel; Excel
Functions; Excel Charts; Knowledge of Pivot Tables.
- Installed Excel Version that supports Power Query/Get & Transform Data and Power Pivot. Power Pivot and Developer tools should be active. (Instructor uses Office 365 Enterprise Version.)
Who it is for?
- Anyone with interest to learn Dashboard creation or working with:
- large volumes of data and needs to present in visually attractive format.
- data from external sources and needs to inter-connect data.
- need to periodically update the report/view with new data
Flexible schedule Options:
4 Consecutive Saturdays for 3 hours Each.
Timing- 12 PM to 3 PM GMT